We are experts in the area of catalytic converters and our work and parts are compliant to CA regulations. Whatever questions you may have, we welcome you to drop-in or call, we're happy to assist.
- FACTORY OR AFTERMARKET CATALYTIC CONVERTERS ARE AVAILABLE, AND USUALLY AT A SUBSTANTIAL SAVINGS
- FREE CATALYTIC CONVERTER INSPECTIONS & ESTIMATES
- CALIFORNIA CARB CERTIFIED CONVERTERS
- 6 CALIFORNIA LEGAL BRANDS TO CHOOSE FROM
- WELD IN AND DIRECT FIT AVAILABLE
- WE MAY HAVE OPTIONS, YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE OF THAT ARE CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT
WHAT DOES A CATALYTIC CONVERTER DO?
A catalytic converter reduces harmful emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen oxides into the atmosphere. It works by converting gases into water vapor and less harmful gases. It includes a core of ceramics riddled with a honeycomb style core that contains metals such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium.
FAQ: POTENTIAL CAUSES FOR A FAILED CATALYTIC CONVERTER?
Overheated, melted, or broken converters. High mileage vehicles. Any malfunction causing unusually high level of HC or CO to enter the catalytic converter will dramatically elevate its temperature. These may include misfires, excessive fuel delivery, worn out, excessive backpressure, or low compression, as well as poor spark plugs or weak ignition.